Raw Chocolate Filled Matcha Bars
For the Raw Chocolate:
- 5 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3. 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150g of 85% dark chocolate
For the Matcha Filling:
- 1 tablespoon of Heapwell Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea
- 4 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of light tahini
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Chocolate. Rich, raw, smooth and melt in your mouth chocolate. Who wouldn't want a bite of these oozing matcha filled raw chocolate bars? They look tricky but we promise you, the method could not be simpler! Making your own chocolate is really fun, easy and you can get everyone involved in the process. Our vibrant matcha filling just adds another level of nutrients and doubles the antioxidant levels with every mouthful! Sounds amazing right?
Read on to see just how easy it, only needs a few pantry ingredients and a couple minutes to spare.
- Simply add all the raw chocolate ingredients to a small pan (apart from the dark chocolate) and heat gently. Once the coconut oil has melted, whisk your mixture and melt in your dark chocolate, you should have a thick raw chocolate base. Pour half the mixture into your chocolate moulds and place in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all the matcha filling ingredients together until a smooth filling forms, if it gets too thick add more coconut cream to loosen the mixture.
- Bring out your chocolate moulds from the fridge and fill with the matcha centres. Top off carefully with the remaining raw chocolate.
- Pop in the fridge for at least a couple of hours or overnight before you dig in!
Give these raw chocolate filled matcha bars a go and wow your guests by bringing something different to your table, wherever you are! These bars can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Don't forget to share your pictures and tag us on Instagram and Facebook with @heapwellsuperfoods.
Let the power of matcha be with you!
Recipe Creator and founder of nikibakes
nikibakes has been blogging for over 10 years and has a passion for gluten free and dairy free recipes. She's a Persian chef who loves all things spice and particularly enjoys Asian and South American cuisine. She's always on the lookout for fresh and delicious flavour combinations and uses our spices daily in her cooking and on her blog.