Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
It's world baking day and we couldn't be more excited. The matcha mania has taken the baking world by storm and for a good reason. Here's a quick and easy recipe for matcha cupcakes that will delight your taste buds.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon free-flow salt
- 5 teaspoons of Heapwell Japanese Matcha Green Tea
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup of milk at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- A standard muffin tin
- Cupcake paper liners
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, Heapwell Japanese Matcha Green Tea powder, salt. Sifting might be time-consuming but it gives the cakes a lightness that's much desired.
- Add the eggs to the room temperature butter and mix using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer. You could mix using your hands but it would take more time.
- Add the milk and then the flour mixture to the bowl and combine everything together.
- Line your muffin tin with the paper and then dollop the batter in the shape of small roundels in the molds. Make sure you fill each mold halfway through.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes till the cakes rise. Let them cool in the tin for at least five minutes.
- Unmold them and transfer them to a wire rack so that they cool completely.
These vibrant cupcakes can be relished as they are or with a matcha ganache. Make sure you have all the ingredients for an extra batch because you're not going to stop after the first one!