Matcha Cardamom Creams
Saturday 26th January 2019
Mmmmm...decadent and easy, our matcha cardamom cream dessert is truly luscious and fuss-free. Gluten free and vegan, everyone can get stuck in...it's a show stopper and no one will believe how easy it was when you present it to them...happy days!
Read on to see how simple this recipe is:
- Some vegetable oil, for greasing (optional)
- 600ml of coconut milk
- 3 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 3-4 sheets fine leaf gelatine (vegetarian gelatine also fine)
- 150ml of agave syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons of organic ceremonial green matcha
- A teaspoon of grated dark chocolate, for decoration (optional)
- Set aside 6 x 150-200ml cups or ramekins. If you plan to turn the creams out, very lightly oil the insides. Put the coconut cream in a saucepan with the crushed cardamom pods. Over a low heat, very gently allow the cream to come almost to boiling point. Remove from the heat, cover the surface with cling film and set aside to cool.
- Add the gelatine to a bowl of cold water; set aside. Put the sugar in a separate saucepan with 2 tbsp water. Put over a low-medium heat and cook, stirring, for about 6 minutes, until it starts to simmer gently.
- Add the squeezed-out gelatine leaves and put over a very low heat, stirring, to dissolve the gelatine, then cool. Pour the coconut cream through the sieve to remove the cardamom. When both mixtures have cooled, add your matcha and stir them together. Divide between the cups or ramekins and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours. Turn out or serve in the cups, with the dark chocolate shavings scattered over.
Don't forget to share your pictures and tag us on Instagram and Facebook with @heapwellsuperfoods.
Let the power of matcha be with you!