Matcha Chocolate Ice Lollies
Monday 6th August 2018
Summer has well and truly landed! So why not whip up a fuss-free and no-bake cooling treat? Our matcha- chocolate ice lollies are just the ticket to keep you cool this summer.
This recipe is for the base ice lolly (which is perfectly delicious on its own), however, the recipe is incredibly easy to add to and we'd encourage you to experiment, such as adding rose petals as extra decoration like we've gone for. Having said that, definitely try them as it is first and then, once you have a better idea of what they taste like, it should be easy for you to personalise them to suit your tastes!
Our Matcha Tea & Coconut Ice Lolly recipe is suitable for vegetarians but can be made suitable for vegans simply by substituting the honey for agave syrup. Perfect for sharing, you should be able to make around 10 ice lollies with the quantities below, though this will obviously depend on the size of the moulds you're using of course! Read on to see how simple this recipe is:
- 3 tablespoons of honey or agave syrup
- 400ml of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of Finest Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea Powder
- A pinch of pink Himalayan Salt
- Melted dark chocolate to drizzle over once the lollies are ready to eat
- Blend the coconut milk, honey (or agave), salt and matcha together until smooth.
- Fill the moulds, gently stir and add the sticks. Cover and freeze.
- Once completely frozen, enjoy in the sun and drizzled some melted dark chocolate over the lollies for extra fun!