Matcha Bounty Bars
Monday 5th February 2018
Makes around 8-10 matcha bounty bars
For the matcha filling:
- 250g of organic desiccated coconut
- 1 can/carton of coconut cream
- 100ml of coconut oil
- 120ml of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Heapwell Finest Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea
For the chocolate coating:
- 100g of cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 180g of dark chocolate
- Pinch of sea salt
For a lighter and guilt-free version of the classic bounty bar, why not try our matcha version? They're super yummy and super simple to prepare, no baking is required and you can be versatile with its shape and texture! Perfect for Valentines Day or any day of the year really, you don't need an excuse to have some delicious sweet treats powdered with our ceremonial matcha green tea.
Read on to see just how easy it is, only needs a few pantry ingredients and a couple minutes to spare.
- Line a silicone baking tin with baking paper and set aside
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the coconut oil, maple syrup & coconut cream.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the desiccated coconut and mix in until well combined. Leave to cool slightly.
- Mix the matcha green tea powder in the remaining coconut mix until well combined and then add to your lined tin & press evenly, compressing tightly all over with a pallet knife or the back of a spoon, or your fingers!
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up and whip up your chocolate coating whilst you're waiting for them to set.
- To make the thick chocolate, place the cacao butter, coconut oil, dark chocolate and salt in a bowl over simmering water, stirring gently until melted.
- Using 2 forks, dip each matcha coconut bar into the chocolate and turn a few times to evenly coat, then place on a wire rack or a plate lined with greaseproof paper. Repeat until all bars are covered then pour over extra chocolate to create different patterns on the bar.
- Place in the freezer/ fridge to set further. You can also keep these tasty matcha bounty bars in the fridge or freezer, happy days!
Don't forget to share your pictures and tag us on Instagram and Facebook with @heapwellsuperfoods.
Let the power of matcha be with you!