Monday 20th November 2017
- 1 sheet of gluten free puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- Up to two tablespoons of Heapwell Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea
- Up to 2 tablespoons of creamed coconut, for drizzling
Here's a fancy twist on the French classic sweet and crisp pastry: matcha palmiers. It's soft and buttery on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Our organic matcha adds a real depth of fresh flavour here. You get a clean and aromatic flavour which is also helped by the use of coconut sugar. It's perfect with a matcha latte or two!
Read on to see just how easy it, it only needs a few pantry ingredients and a couple minutes to spare.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4 and line 2 baking trays with grease-proof paper.
- Carefully unfold your puff pastry sheet and brush with your coconut oil, set aside.
- Combine the coconut sugar and matcha green tea in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the matcha tea sugar mixture evenly on your puff pastry sheet.
- Begin to gently roll each side in until the rolled parts meet in the middle.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into ½ inch thick pieces and lay onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown in colour. Allow to cool completely before drizzling over your creamed coconut mixture.
These matcha palmiers are stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Don't forget to share your pictures and tag us on Instagram and Facebook with @heapwellsuperfoods.
Let the power of matcha be with you!