Matcha, Pistachio and Dark Chocolate Shortbread
Tuesday 24th October 2017
For the matcha shortbread:
- 180 of coconut butter or dairy free butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 80g of coconut sugar
- 150g of ground almonds
- 120g of gluten free plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of Heapwell Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea
For the dark chocolate coating:
- 150g of 85% dark chocolate
- 80g of slivered pistachios
- 20g of dried rose petals
Autumn is well and truly upon us. The nights are drawing in, the days are crisp and cool. So what better way to spend these days than bake a sweet treat with your loved ones? Shortbread has always been popular not only for its rich taste but also its simple method.
With the added Heapwell Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea, you get a fun and nutritional twist on this Scottish sweet treat. This wondrous green powder cuts through the richness of the shortbread and gives a gentle earthy flavour, truly delightful! This is a vegan recipe so everyone can enjoy this baked treat!
Read on to see just how easy it, only needs a few pantry ingredients and a couple minutes to spare.
- Cream your coconut butter (or your chosen dairy free butter), vanilla extract and coconut sugar together using a whisk.
- Stir in the flour and matcha and mix to form a dough. Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4 and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll out to a ½ cm thickness and cut into your desired shapes. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Melt your dark chocolate and decorate your matcha shortbread however you wish. Here it is half dipped in chocolate and decorated with slivered pistachios and rose petals for extra aroma...heaven!
These cookies re best stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Don't forget to share your pictures and tag us on Instagram and Facebook with @heapwellsuperfoods.
Let the power of matcha be with you!